Sunday, October 28, 2012

Just a Thought

Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
God, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer's;
he makes me tread on my high places.

Habakkuk 3:17-19
{Source}

Just a thought I've been having lately. We're never promised that we won't have some high places to walk in this life. Places where we feel like we might lose our footing and fall... forever. Places that feel like absolutely nothing could be more frightening. Places that make us come face to face with the truth: We don't have the control we long for.

No, we are never promised a freedom from these. In fact, we are told to expect these moments.. or months... or years. But what we are promised is a God who will equip us to meet these high places with sure footing; We will never experience and endless fall.
And even sweeter, He becomes the Rock on which we stand. He is the Rock that is higher than I. He sets me secure on the heights of Jesus.

For who is God, but the Lord?
And who is a rock, except our God?—
the God who equipped me with strength
and made my way blameless.
He made my feet like the feet of a deer
and set me secure on the heights.

Psalm 18:31-33
{Source}


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...