Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Kitchen, Part III

So this post is a little late... but I wanted to share an update with our kitchen renovation. This whole thing makes me laugh and cringe at the same time because four months later we are still not done.

Let me show you what we have done, though.

We got new granite counter tops put in. We started out thinking we would just do a granite look-alike, but there was a good sale and this granite ended up being cheaper than the look-alike! We were pleased. Something was going right.

Then my very talented husband put up our subway tiles all.by.himself. (I was either taking care of W or doing another project).

The (almost) finished project...

It looks great, but we still need to tie up a lot of loose ends like....
get outlet covers (yep, totally gotten used to them not being there)
put a crown up where between the cabinets and the granite (it's just unfinished wood)
the hardest and most terrible thing... re-do the bottom cabinets. We are playing with the idea of bringing in a professional.

1 comment:

  1. is it me or do these photos resemble your dream kitchen? awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...