Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Zoo

When Andrew and I first visited H'burg, we laughed and laughed about this little city in Mississippi having a zoo: "We should go to that there zoo and see us some squirrels!"

But when we bought a house in the zoo's backyard, I stopped laughing and saw the potential of a "get out of the house day" for a stay-at-home-mom like me.

I took W for the first time last week on a whim. I was in the middle of one of those zoning out moments while W laid a fifth book in my lap and said "Ree dat?"... and suddenly I knew I had to get out of this house.

I am so ashamed of my mocking now! While it was no San Diego Zoo, it exceeded my expectations and was, if nothing else, a venue to stroll Wilson around on a beautiful day. 

Trying to find the tiger... his favorite animal
This tiger was much easier to see
The peacock and peacock babies were his favorite. He actually almost jumped out of his stroller to see them.
Just checking out the lemur.
They also had a really great splash pad that we will be revisiting with a bathing suit. I didn't come prepared for that one.

A Family Pass is in the near future for us. I don't think that it stays cold around here for very long, so I think we will get some good use out of it in the coming months.

I love being able to be at home with Wilson, but the more mobile and active he becomes... the harder it is to be at the house with him. He never stays in one place for longer than a few seconds and is constantly getting into things that he shouldn't. It's so much easier when I can get him out of the house.

I don't want to wish time away, but I am looking forward to the day when I can put him in the backyard with Samford and let him play his little heart out without having to keep my eyes glued to him the whole time.

So there's #4 on my {28 Things}...Check!


2 comments:

  1. wilson is so cute!! I love your blog. Hope H town is great. we miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've told you this before, but Jeff's grandma lives really close to Hattiesburg, and you're right. It doesn't stay cold there for long. We have been there for Thanksgiving and Christmas before (several times) when it was jeans & t-shirt kind of weather. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...