Monday, October 10, 2011

Weddings

In the past 31 days, we have been to three weddings. I'm not complaining. I used to hate going to weddings before I got married. (Do I need to take a date? Do I have to go up for the bouquet toss? What do I do during the slow songs? Awkward!) But now, they are among my favorite things. A chance to get dolled up, free dinner, free band, seeing old friends, and witnessing the beginning of a family... how could you ask for a better night?

This weekend I got to witness one of my dearest, sweetest friends, Amy, get hitched to Lee! I love this girl. I met her at the camp I met Andrew at and we instantly became great friends. When I moved to Auburn after Andrew and I got married she was the only person I really knew already that lived there. I'm kind of emotional even thinking about what a saving grace it was to have her there... she even came to rescue me one night when the tornado sirens went off and Andrew was not home! I'm so thankful God has brought our paths even closer as her now in-laws live just 30 short minutes from our home in Mississippi! Hooray! I love you Mrs. Weiskopf!


I spent 95% of the reception holed away at a table with this BFF. I get to see her too.few.times.

These two spent the night in front of the Auburn game.... Yes, Amy had a TV room for the football-watchers. She is so kind like that.
Since the wedding was so close to the lake house, we decided to bunk there for the weekend. Andrew's parents were there, as well as four of our very good friends: The Delongs and the Kirsches! It was an all-around 5 star weekend. I'm thankful for those.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...