Thursday, September 29, 2011

Praying for Wilson

Just an update on my {28 Things}... one of my goals was to daily pray scripture over W. I've definitely failed at doing it daily, but I have been doing it regularly.

Mrs. Libby, my sweet mother in law, gave me {this list} before I had Wilson. I really love it... it gives a virtue to pray for him along with a verse. I have it printed off on a pink sheet that is folded up in my Daily Bible.

So, when I ready my Daily Bible I do two of my goals. When I don't, I fail at two. I'm so thankful I'm under grace and not law.

Today I am praying for his joy. "And you became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you received the word in much affliction, with the joy of the Holy Spirit" 1 Thess. 1:6.

I do pray that Wilson would know the joy that comes from being right with God because of what Jesus has done. I pray his joy would run deep and that no circumstance could shake it... that he would always be confident in God's secure and sure love.

What normally happens when I pray for him is I get a little selfish and start praying these for myself, too. I don't think Wilson would mind. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...