Monday, September 26, 2011

Little Man and a Wreath

My little man, a writer in the making, just posted about his 13 month milestone over at {the other blog}. He's kind of stolen my heart, that boy (the part that belongs to little boys and not to men, which is secure with Andrew).

Along with my heart, he has also taken off with my time. I've thought about lots and lots of things to write about while I've been cutting up unending vines of grapes for his lunch, dragging him away from light sockets, and snuggling with him when he refuses to go to sleep. Unfortunately, those profound thoughts have disappeared somewhere with my 8 hours of sleep and you, wonderful readers, are just going to have to settle for something really shallow.

Don't worry. It's not about coupons...I made a wreath! Let me give you some symbolism to make up for this very house-wifey post. I really like wreaths (and most circular things) because I think they represent eternity and completion at the same time. I'm not being facetious... I think there is something warm and welcoming about them and I like having them on my door. So here is my fall wreath... all ingredients were from Hobby Lobby: a straw wreath, a hot glue gun, moss covering (it had a paper backing to it... so easy to use!), burlap, plastic pumpkins and a fabric flower.

And just for kicks and a dose of reality (and so you can see the awesome moss paper)... here is the mess it left for me to clean up when it was all said and done. It also sheds into our foyer every time I open the door... but I guess it goes under the "Beauty is a Pain" category.


I hope I've inspired someone to make a fall wreath! It's such a satisfying use of time and so, so much cheaper than buying one. I think my total was around $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...