Friday, September 2, 2011

Authenticity

I am a walking contradiction. Aren't we all? I really don't like blogs that make it seem as if the blogger is living in a perfect world... where they are always traveling to incredible places, and wearing the right things, and cooking well-balanced tasty meals, and producing GAP ad children. And yet, at the same time I am drawn to them. Because we, as humans, like to covet. And whine about how hard our life is without being able to afford a Pottery Barn jute rug. I mean, I heard some other people whine about things like that.

With that being said, I would like to confess to you that I took this picture as a hypocrite.

I took it because I wanted to tell you how cool my life was here in Mississippi because we have a Farmer's Market in our town. I wanted to show you how granola I am because I bought local.

And then the picture turned out blurry because our flash is broken... and I got mad. And then I realized how silly I was being.

So I would like you to know the real story. I do not normally buy produce locally... although I want to start doing so. I am not granola. I'd like to be a little granola. I walked around pretty aimlessly at the Farmer's Market... I didn't know what good prices for local produce was, but I kind of acted like I did.

I even ran into my new friend Dawn (from hello dearie... she's so great!!) and asked her "What do you buy here?" She may have thought I was asking for recommendations, but it was really a plea of "What do I do here?"

I ended up with some flowers (more of a comfort zone for me... I do know flowers), 3 tomatoes (because I know I like homegrown tomatoes), and honey (because it was the first booth I ran into after the flowers... and I heard something once about local honey helping with allergies).

So there's my confession. Sorry for almost deceiving you (all 8 of you sweet followers!) into believing I was a really cool cat.

Hope you have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. this made me giggle :)
    I can totally relate to this post in every way. I'm pretty sure that no one has things all together all the time..even if their blog insinuates otherwise. :)

    P.S. The local honey is delicious and a staple in our house...you did good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...