Thursday, November 3, 2011

Time Traveling

Have you ever wanted to travel back to a moment so that you could experience it all over again? Maybe change something about it?

Sometimes I like to pretend I'm time traveling.

Okay, hang in there with me. I'll explain.

A couple of nights ago it was "hurricane hour" as my sweet mother-in-law calls it. Andrew wasn't home yet. I had three pots on the stove, one of which was boiling over. Cheerios (most of them crushed and in a million pieces) were covering the floor. Barney,or something equally annoying, was singing (loudly) in the background about doing our share in cleaning. And this sweet little man wanted nothing but me.





He was crying, whining, yelling, pulling, reaching and had a book in his hand.

Now you might think that I tried to pretend I was time traveling out of this moment and into another. But what really gets me through these moments is to imagine that I'm 60 years old and wishing I could go back to that sweet time when my Little Man fit in my lap. When I could give him 100 kisses without it being strange. And I imagine that this exact moment is the one the Lord gives me.

What would my 60 year old self in a 28 year old body do? Why, I would be so thankful to the Lord for granting me this wish.... I would let that pot just boil on over. I would sit down on the kitchen floor, grab that pudgy ball of tears, pull him in my lap and read through the book. Twice.

And that's what I did. Thank you Jesus for the grace to time travel like that. It makes life so much sweeter.

1 comment:

  1. This is possibly the sweetest post ever...so so true. Thank you for the reminder to embrace every moment :)
    xo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...