Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Little California Love

Andrew was asked by our dear friend Matthew to be a groomsman in his wedding this past weekend. In San Diego. That's California. So after an agressive twisting of our arms, we finally decided we should go. For he and his lovely bride, of course. :)

My mom agreed (after a similar arm twisting) to watch Little Man for us, so we decided to take the opportunity and stay three nights. We had not been away together for even one night since W has been born... we kind of felt like honeymooners we were so giddy!
 
We were honored to be a part of Matthew and Sherrene's wedding. They have a really sweet story of perseverance. Sherrene's family is pretty traditional (Christian) Indian and Matthew had to go through quite an extensive and somewhat comical courtship to win her. It sounded terribly complicated and wonderfully romantic all at the same time.  We are really happy for them.

The wedding was sweet and the reception was very different from any I had ever been to. Lots of spicy food, lots of color, and lots and lots of dancing. It made me think about how neat it's going to be to see what our final union and celebration with Christ will look like. A beautiful mix and mosaic of all cultures, I think. I hope there will be saris there.




Andrew and I took the rest of the weekend to explore San Diego. Honestly, it was somewhat overwhelming. The traveler in me felt a little frantic to see everything (especially when I figured out Hollywood was only 2 hours away... Andrew talked me out of that one, sigh.) I don't know why I was so worked up because all there is to see, really, is the beaches and the zoo, neither of which disappointed.
 

We felt so spoiled to have had the time away... but we were sorely missing Wilson. It was so nice to get home last night at 2 this morning and see his chubby little face smooshed up against his white sheets. Love that boy.

I know I promised the coupon finale... sorry I'm not more professional. It will come tomorrow! Hope you all had great weekends, too.

2 comments:

  1. I love your dress in the wedding pic! You're so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for posting a comment on my blog! I heard so much about you and your husband from Nathaniel and was sorry I missed out on meeting you two. I love your blog and hope that some day we can really "meet."
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...